Wild Child is an educational program of Sierra Club Canada Foundation and has been connecting children, youth, and families to nature since 2010. The mission of our Wild Child programs is to provide child led, play based learning through repeated exposure to nature helping to foster a lasting relationship with the natural world.
Wild Child program brings fun environmental education and encourages staff and children to get outside, play games and age appropriate activities to learn about their environment and the other critters they share their community with.
Since January 2019, we expanded the Wild Child movement to Alberta as we strongly believe that all children and youth should have the opportunity to play and learn in natural areas.
Our 2019 Wild Child programs resulted in children engaging in over 2,485.5 hours of outdoor time and engaged a total of 687 individuals:
• A total of 540 participants
• A total of 51 teachers
• A total of 96 volunteers
With all the news developing rapidly concerning COVID-19, Wild Child-Edmonton has decided to CANCEL ECO-Buddies and Nature Immersion programs, and postpone Forest Schools until further notice.
We will be following all public health, school, and childcare advice regarding COVID-19 in order to do our part to limit the spread of the virus. Our hope is that everything is back to normal as soon as possible; however, we are currently exploring our options to continue supporting our Wild Child community.
Registration & Fees 2020
- 15 FREE (subsidized) Nature Immersion programs (CIP-Government of Alberta)
- 12 FREE (subsidized) ECO-Buddies programs (Edmonton Community Foundation)
- FOREST SCHOOL Spring/Summer
- ECO-Buddies (Grade 4-6): $330 (three-2 hr visits) or $115 (one-time visit)
- Nature Immersion (Preschool, Kindergarten, and Grade 1) $330 (three-2 hr visits) or $115 (one-time visit)
Booking a School Program:
- If you are interested in booking our School programs please submit the following information to our Wild Child Coordinator: email@example.com
- Name of school and or early learning centre:
- Name of teacher/educator:
- Contact information (email & phone number):
- Number of children:
- Number of programs:
- Program: (Nature Immersion or ECO-Buddies)